Location: Bowman Bay, Deception Pass State Park
Course Description: Maybe the most fun kayaking class we offer, and also one of the most informative! We will focus heavily on edge management and the blending of strokes and have a seriously good time learning how to make your kayak perform with style through a mix of balance games, stroke development, maneuverability exercises and individual coaching. A portion of this class will also explore how water pressure creates proficient movement when applied across concave/convex edging. There will even be a video analysis of your strokes to leave you with individual take-a-ways to practice post class. By the end of this course, participants will feel that they can take their kayaking to the next level with a higher degree of stability and attentiveness to their strokes and maneuvers.
A sampling of the course content includes:
- 6 degrees of freedom (movement of a kayak in a 3 dimensional space)
- Boat design and stability
- Static strokes: Hanging draw, bow rudder, stern pry/draw
- Balance and maneuverability exercises
- Blending of strokes
- Opportunity for one-on-one coaching
- Intuitive movements
- Individual video analysis of strokes and maneuvers
Ages: 18 and up.
Duration: 6 hours. All equipment provided.Book Now