Location: Bowman Bay, Deception Pass State Park
Course Description: Our Rescues and Recoveries: Towing class is designed for kayakers who want to learn towing fundamentals. We will develop skills within a calm water environment, and once we’ve had an opportunity for practice move into more dynamic environments, close to rocks, within waves and in hard to maneuver environments. There will be ample opportunity for practice and feedback on this class.
- A sampling of the course content includes:
- Contact towing with and without a tow strap
- Towing using a tow belt, both inline and V
- Towing a swimmer using the back deck and bow
- Swimmer/boat combination towing
- Towing out from rocks to a safe harbor
Ages: 18 and up.
Duration: 4 hours. All equipment provided.Book Now
Ready to test your skill set? check out our Essentials of coastal Kayaking level III class!
Our refund policy, personal kayak/SUP policy, Essential Eligibility Criteria and more can be found here.