Location: Bowman Bay, Deception Pass State Park
Course Description: Our Rescues and Recoveries: Towing class is designed for kayakers who want to learn or refine their towing fundamentals. Towing is an essential rescue skill to develop for any kayaker to manage on water injury, equipment failure, fatigue or other preventative to self paddling. We will develop skills within a calm water environment, and once we’ve had an opportunity for practice move into more dynamic environments, close to rocks, within waves (less than 2 feet) and wind (less than 10 knots). There will be ample opportunity for practice and feedback on this class.
A sampling of the course content includes:
- Contact towing with and without a tow strap
- Towing using a tow belt, both inline and V
- Towing out from rocks to a safe harbor
- Situational towing (such as during a medical emergency)
- Towing within dynamic environments
Ages: 18 and up.
Duration: 5 hours. All equipment provided.Book Now