Location: Bowman Bay, Deception Pass State Park
Course Description: Never kayaked before but you’re curious what the fuss is all about? Want to just give it a try and see if it’s right for you? Maybe you just want to get out on the water for a few hours and have fun! Our Introduction to Sea Kayaking class is designed for those who have never paddled before and want to learn a few basics in a nearshore environment and open the doors to all there is to learn about kayaking – or just have fun! By the end of the course, you’ll know a few basics about boat control and strokes, be given the opportunity to try a rescue or two and know the care and considerations of paddlesports in general.
A sampling of the course content includes:
- Kayak design, parts and outfitting
- Hypothermia, cold water shock and dressing for immersion
- The effects of wind, water, waves and current on a marine environment
- Forward, reverse, sweep and draw strokes
- Edge awareness and stability
Ages: 16 (with parent or guardian also in attendance) and up
Duration: 4 hours. All equipment provided.
Prerequisites: NoneBook Now