Thank you for enrolling in one of our classes! We hope you find the experience enriching and informative. This page is meant to help prepare you for your class, so please take a moment to read through this important information and as always, reach out with any questions you might have.
Please take a moment to print out and sign our waiver before your class and bring a copy with you the day of. On the top line of page 1 please write your class name (e.g. “Essentials of Coastal Kayaking).
items to bring to your class
- Personal Medication
- Signed Liability Form
- Discover Pass
- Thermal Protection (if owned)
- Closed Toed Shoes (You will get wet)
- Change of Clothes
After you register for your class make sure to look out for the confirmation email with directions to the venue, info about services available and other essentials
Find your class at one of these locations
Seafarers Memorial Park at Cap Sante Marina, Anacortes
Bowman Bay, Deception Pass State Park
Washington Park, Anacortes
Cornet Bay, Deception Pass State Park
Fort Casey Beach, Port Townsend Ferry terminal, Coupeville
Crescent Beach, Port Angeles
Hobuck Beach, Neah Bay
Want to get geared up before your class? Consider some of these suggestions and recommendations. Fidalgo Paddlesports provides all equipment and gear.
- Ready to take the plunge on a dry suit? Head on over to Kokatat. Yeah, they’re expensive, but will last a decade or more with proper care, are easier to thermoregulate and they keep you dry!
- Not ready to drop that much money on a dry suit? We recommend the NRS Radiant 4/3mm Wetsuit. Top entry with no annoying zipper and fleece lined. Very cozy.
- New PFD in your future? Kokatat as well or consider one of these options by Stohlquist.
- For a really good pair of water shoes, check out all the options at Astral.
- Waterproof phone case. We don’t recommend taking your phone out onto the water, but if you insist get a case for it. Plenty of different options on the market, but keep in mind they’re all water resistant instead of water proof.
- Keeper strap for your sunglasses.
- One of our favorite pieces of gear? A rolling clothes rack! Bring it out to your vehicle when you get home, hang up all your wet gear, spray it off and roll inside when ready. Makes clean up a lot easier.