Location: Hobuck Beach, Neah Bay
Course Description: A continuation of our popular Introduction to Surf Zone class, this clinic specifically focused on coastal kayaking blends a mix of skills training, leadership, scenarios and rough water paddling. We will spend time within the surf zone building competency and refining techniques surfing waves before heading up the coast into more removed waters. We will work on reading water, identify features for play, refine our judgement for near shore coastal exploration and progressively build a skill set for coastal exploration with an emphasis on safety.
A sampling of the course content includes:
- Transitioning through rock gardens, identifying safe zones, transition zones and hazards
- Swimming using a paddle while towing kayak
- Practice using the “Outside” call
- Sequence and spacing throughout dynamic water and in waves
- Rescue scenarios in coastal features (dislocated shoulder, unconscious swimmer, etc.)
- Coastal rescues and emergency signaling
- Surf Zone kayak surfing techniques
Ages: 18 and up.
Duration: This is a two-day class. 8 hours each day. Equipment provided upon request.
Prerequisites: Please give us a call to find out if this is a class right for you!Book Now
let’s keep developing those skills! check out our private coaching.
Our refund policy, personal kayak/SUP policy, Essential Eligibility Criteria and more can be found here.